Inside temperature sensor

The heater always blows hot air regardless of the temperature setting. The test procedure show code 1 (shorted sensor). Does anyone know where the inside temperature sensor is located on a 9000 CSE ? How can I get to it ?

Reply to
LeonB

Inside temp sensor in a 9000 is the little square mini-blower assembly with a vent hole shaped kind of like a bullseye. It isn't cheap.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

The computer on my '93 9000 CDE always shows the inside temperature as 83 degrees F. Have had a problem with the sensor (bullseye hole) making an annoying "whirring" sound until I blew some wd40 in there. I expect repairs on this sometime down the road.

Reply to
ngwcaa

I blew out the senser with compressed air, it seems to work much better now.

Bob

Reply to
ROBERT JOHNSON

Thanks for all the advice.

Opened the sensor/fan cover, blew air and then some Teflon lubricant. Seems to work fine and respond quickly to temperature settings.

LeonB

Reply to
LeonB