Intermittent Unlocking from Fob

Hi

I've begun to have problems with the both key fobs for my NG900 Talladega. Most of the time, either one will unlock the doors/tailgate and disarm the alarm, but every so often although the green and red LEDs light up on the fob, the car doesn't respond to the doors or tailgate opening.. I've tried replacing the fob batteries, but the problem still happens every so often - and I'm not sure why the fault clears.

Any ideas ?

TIA

Steve

IMPORTANT - This e-mail and any attachment is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed because it may contain confidential, privileged or sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. The contents must not be disclosed to any other person or distributed or copies taken and should be deleted from your system. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Reply to
NewsOnline

I've observed the same on occasion. Try cleaning the contacts inside the fob. If you're not familiar with contact cleaning, you can safely use a pencil eraser until it's bright and shiny. Then clean them with alcohol. Wipe the batteries with alcohol too.

See if that helps. It's possible the car itself has an issue, but fob problems are much more likely.

Reply to
still just me

Thanks for the suggestion, It's much appreciated. I'll do as you say.before taking it to the garage.

Best

Steve

Reply to
NewsOnline