It was my DI cassette.... that's the good news :-(

First, thanks to all for your help on my DI cassette problem. I got my new one today, gapped the new plugs, installed the lot and it fired right up. Boy was I psyched! Then I hit the gas at the end of my street.. no turbo :-(

Here is the deal. I'm a "backyard machanic". So while diagnosing my problem on my 2001 95 2.3T, I pulled the top black, 2cm diameter or so hose in the front of the throttle body , which I thought was a fuel line. I now realize that the 3 to 6 oz of fluid that came out was probably some kind of "turbo juice". I am fairly sure this is the cause of my turbo failure.

Questions: What is it? How do I replace it? (If I need to post a link to a picture, no problem)

Thanks again, John Hooven

Reply to
Hoov

Man, you're learning all kinds of stuff the hard way, ain't cha?

Reply to
Mac Townsend

If it's anything like my 9-3 throttle body then it's heated, so you probably lost some coolant. There aren't any special fluids for the turbo, but there is a lot of air ducting and hoses, all of which needs to leak-free. Are you sure everything is connected back up properly?

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp