Key fob unlocking does not work ??

Can anyone advise please ? My battery went dead on the car, so I removed it, took to my loacal dealer and he supplied a new one..so far so good. Now however the keyfob unlocking does not work ? I have fitted new batteries and tried clicking it 5 times next to car door etc, but still nothing, car unlocks and starts fine with the key. Dealer says new key fob unit required plus a workshop visit..but I find that hard to believe !! Incidentally if you hold the fob close to a telephone headset and click the buttons, you can clearly hear it works.

Any ideas how to reset this ?

Thanks in advance

Trappy

Reply to
jeffro

By the way, its a 9-3 convertable 1999 vintage

Reply to
jeffro