Lease end buy out question

I am about to finish a 3 yr, 30,000 mile lease on an '03 9--3. A friend of mine said he was able to get the buy out down significantly from that which was specified in the lease contract. Anybody have more recent experience with this? How low can I go and still drive off with this car?

Reply to
MysterE

As low as they will sell you the car at. You'll have to ask the lease company to find out.

Reply to
Fred W

Not to be rude, but your answer merely restates my question. I was hoping to find out whether anyone had recently done this, and, if so, what their experience was. I have now called Saab Finance and they report that the buy out price is non-negotiable. So, again, I'm curious if anyone else has recently been through this.

Fred W wrote:

Reply to
MysterE

I purchased a 2001 Volvo C70 convertible at the end of a 4 yr lease. It was well undermileage and I liked the car. When I inquired about a purchase from the dealer I was told the lease price would be at market. This turned out to be several thousands less than I could have bought this car from a private seller, let alone as a certified used car. However, my understanding is that some cars such as Audi refuse to sell the car at less than the contract price. If you mange to negotiate an acceptable price there may be additional fees, about $100-$200, this will be spelled out in your contract.

Good Luck Gentoo3

Reply to
Steve E.

Ah, then your question should have been "Has anyone been able to renegotiate their lease buy-out with SAAB finance".

The actual amount they were able to get would depend on the individual parties involved, no?

Reply to
Fred W