LH Jetronic codes

The "Check Engine" light illuminated on my 1991 9000T. After pulling the codes and using the chart from Townsend Imports, I found a code that wasn't listed in the chart. Maybe they added codes to the LH Jetronic 2.4.2, but code "12241", not in the Townsend chart, appeared as the final code. All the other charts I found through searching the web contained the same information. One of them also stated that LH 2.4 units can store up to 3 codes, yet mine reported 6 (it was having a bad petrol day). That is possibly another indication that diagnostic improvements were incorporated into version 2.4.2.

Does anyone have a more complete chart, or an idea of what code 12241 indicates? Thank you for your assistance.

Walt Kienzle

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

In message , Walt Kienzle writes

12241 - Air-Fuel Mixture Fault

This might start you off

Andrew Sinclair

Andrew,

Thank you for the information and link. I am getting the same collection of codes as "strung" so I'm not in a unique situation.

Walt.

Reply to
Walt Kienzle