Low coolant message

I've been getting the Low Coolant message. tank is topped off and I think I've gotten the air out. Anyone know what gives? 1995 900SE Turbo.

Thanks, Gabe

Reply to
Gabe

Your car has a coolant leak. Make sure the plastic radiator overflow tank is filled to the proper height.

Reply to
raj kumar

I'm not sure that the above advice is correct. Several months ago, I had exactly the same problem wih my 1996 900SE, and the reason was not a leak, as the coolant level in the overflow tank always was OK when I checked. The problem was the failure of the sensor.

I was told by the mechanic that the sensor was integrated into the overflow tank and both would have to be replaced. Significant cost was involved in replacing the tank plus sensor. This was another situation where I wished that Saab had simply let me check something for myself, instead of putting in a gimmicky and expensive computerized system to do so for me.

Reply to
Kenneth S.