Luggage rack?

I'm in the market for a rack (more for canoes, etc.) for my 97 900se. Any tipsor recommendations to keep in mind from this knowledgeable group as far as brands or style?? ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

I'm a die-hard THULE of Sweden person.

I am SURE that THULE has something for you.

Cool website! There is a page that you can browse by sport Bike, Snow, Water (that's your for your Canoe), etc.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

There are really only 2 choices in high quality add-on rack sysytems. Thule and Yakima. I prefer Yakima myself, but they are both good racks and are priced closely.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

(that's your for your Canoe), etc.

Very nice site, I never knew there were so many options.

~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Gemini Jackson at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 06/06/2005 21:07:

Yeah! Keep it Swedish! The "Thule" labelled spoiler for infront of the rack looks good on a SAAB 8)

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

The factory rack is made by Thule and is superior to the aftermarket Thule racks available through other retailers. The factory bars actually mount in brass ferrules under the door weatherstrip on your car so a) there are no rubber pads resting on the paint and b) it is locked to the car when the car is locked. The standard square bars fit all things Thule (and many Yakima too). It is even priced about the same as the aftermarket Thule stuff.

Reply to
Jack

Paul,

Yep, it is Swedish and that black "vent" is called a Fairing. :)

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Reply to