Manually Closing Sunroof

Today my sunroof stuck open in the vent position. The manual states it can be manually closed using a screwdriver. The 'screw head' does not look normal. Is there a trick to doing this?

Thanks,

Barry Saab 9-5 2000 SE Wagon

Reply to
Barry Test

Barry - Normally this can be done with an allen key usually supplied in the access to the manual close gears??

Other than that a normal 8mm (I think) allen key should do it sometimes there is a lot of force required - I have bent allen keys doing this on 9000's I have owned in the past!

GOOD luck

Andrew

Reply to
AG

Andrew:

Thanks for the info. When I went to the Saab dealer the service rep was able to close the sunroof by just pressing the button. He then closed/opened the sunroof several times to test it. I know I tried pressing the button in many directions several times with no response. So there must be an interrmitent problem . I requested a demo of how to manually close the sunroof. There is a yellow button in the center of the screw that has to be depressed first, then it can be turned with a flat blade screwdriver. When it was stuck I had tried to depress the yellow button but it would not budge.

Thanks,

Reply to
Barry Test

In article , snipped-for-privacy@abc.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Ah ok, so the emergency close mechanism, and it's safety cover button only work when the sunroof is functioning normally. ;)

Another Saab eccentricity.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo