Mobile phone in 02 Saab 9-5?

With the new UK mobile phone regs starting on 1st December I want to fit a handsfree to my 2002 9-5 but hate the "pod" that Saab supply.

Has anyone got any better method of siting a mobile phone handsfree in a

9-5?

TIA

Reply to
Jim

I'd be inclined to recommend a Bluetooth phone and wireless car kit, but I got my head bitten of last time I mentioned it so perhaps I should be a bit more careful this time.

My (Sony/Ericsson) car kit is practically invisible except for a small microphone near the interior mirror and a tiny keypad on the console. A big advantage is that it will work with all future Bluetooth phones. Saab is including Bluetooth car kit functionality in the newer models.

Mind you, don't use it while driving! ;-)

X.

Reply to
Xenna

Xenna ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think I'd go along with that. With a bluetooth kit, there's only a very small control component to site.

So no need to semi-regularly rip the trim out. TBH, I'm so impressed with my motorola bluetooth headset that I don't think I'd even bother with a fitted kit - just the headset. I've never particularly liked fitted carkits I've had before - I usually find myself speaking towards the mike, and straining a bit to make out what the speaker's on about. There's also an added privacy element if you've got the windows open or passengers in the car.

Reply to
Adrian

Can you be more specific as to phone and car kit, ie which model? I need a new phone as well as a car kit.

TIA

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I agree I have an Ericsson T610 with a Bluetrek BT headset - no need for installation / fitting costs and it's all portable to the home / office.

Reply to
Mick X