MV oil...petroleum crud

Put some MV oil in your engine and ruin it forever. The lubricant for saps.....and fools.

Reply to
darthpup

A fool, would be someone who would take the advice of someone who posts an oversimplistic analysis such as yours. Hint: when you load your message with emotionally charged words and no facts, it actually _hurts_ the effectiveness of your communication. Just so you know.

So did you have any data, or just, you know, rhetoric?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

My previous 900 ran great with MV oil until the car took an undercaridge hit on a raised rail at a grade crossing near my house. It was only then that I had any issue with MV oil, since it was all over the road and not in my oil pan.

I have been using MV oil in my 21 Y.O. 900T without sludge build-up or other usage issues for 6 years now (since I bought it). I have the complete Saab maintenance history on the car since it's purchase by the original owner in 1986. Since Saab dealers uses MV oils when they do an oil change, I guess that 21 years of MV oil usage without a problem sorta blows your theory out the window- If it were true the car should have been in a scrap yard somewhere years ago.

I have also souped this car up and still have no problems using MV oils.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

See how insidious the stuff is, Jeremy? DON'T YOU SEE!!!!eleven!!!11!!? It's so nasty that it even causes ROCKS to be PLACED in the ROAD.

Maybe, just maybe, the sludge problem is, you know, a combination of things.

Sssssssh, he's ranting.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You are entitled to your opinion, FOR WHATEVER IT IS WORTH. When you have a valve failure in your cars engine keep this post in mind.

Reply to
darthpup

I am more likely to have valve failure due to wear at this point than due to oil viscosity issues...

JB

Reply to
Jeremy

Who are you responding to? Thre's this thing called "quoting with context so people know WTF you're talking about", maybe you should try it.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I wonder how much oil he thinks his valves actually _see_.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You do know that the original specified oil for a Saab 900 was 10w30 multigrade/multiviscosity mineral oil. The specific grade changed as things moved to synthetic, but it was still a multigrade/multiviscosity oil.

Experts, has Saab ever specified a mongrade oil for cars they have manufactured?

Reply to
Elder