My Clutch: Status and THANK YOU

Thank you to all who have responded to my cries of anguish regarding the failures of the clutch hydraulics of my 1992 9000S.

Thank you for the technical advice (which was overt) and the more subtle psychological effort.

My situation has changed enormously due, mainly, to the fact that I could ta;lk intelligently to the mechanic and almost at his level.

I received a call this morning asking my permission to procede on the followoing basi:: The Saab dealer was offering a 100% refund on the price of a replacement slave. The mechanic would charge me 50% of the labour to replace the slave and bleed and set up the clutch.

I said YES and sighed with relief.

But, I asked about the tubing between the master and the slave. He said that he had not changed it nor looked at it. I said that I believed it to be the original ---change it please! (This was based on the advice of several of you ( most emphatically Tom--Saab Tech )

I pay 100% for this.

I believe that "Sven" is on his way to his fifteenth birthday ( he was ten last year [What is that in Saab years] ) Enough of anthropomorphising.

Thank you all vey, very much. If I should consider something else, please post ASAP.

Thank you to all!

Malcolm Mason

Reply to
Malcolm

My total costwaranty labor, parts (the hydraulic line) labor to install it, which is apparently a bit of fun, was just under $300 US

I am happy and this means that everything that can wear in the clutch and related parts is replaced. It should be good until "Sven" gets to be 15.

Thanks for all the help. I qwould have been lost alone.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Glad we could all help get Sven back on the road.

The more there are, the harder it is for BMW to take over :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Do you really think that this coould ever happen? They are not even the same type of automobile.

The seem to be driven by peple whose IQs are about the same as their belt size.

Can you imagine a sporty roadster with an auto box?

Malcolm Mason

Reply to
Malcolm Mason