My "new" saab

Hi All I had 90 9000 a few years back and had to trade it in for an Explorer for my job. Now 6 years later I am back in the group I am the proud owner of a beautiful black 2000 9-5 Aero, 5 speed. I picked it up 2 weeks ago and have been so worried about it getting scratched ect that I've actually made excuses not to take it shopping. Sunday night I gave in as long as we parked down away from everyone else. After an hour we came out to find someone ahd let a cart go barreling down the lot and smack dab into the side of my car leaving me with 2 small dents. I havent even made the first payment yet. :( I am thinking I should have gotten the Jeep. I don't know how the folks with the brand new cars can take it. People are just plain rotten. Linda

Reply to
Linda

This happens - some people have even gone out their way to pull their keys out and scratch the paint. Partly because of this and partly because Saabs do not retain a high resale value, I buy previously owned Saabs at least 10 years old. Besides, its the only way to buy a Classic

900 now :-)

P.S. I learned the hard way as well about shopping carts rolling downhill. The solution is to park on the high side of the parking lot. However, I have seen the plastic carts blown uphill in a high wind.

Reply to
ma_twain

I always park in a far corner of car parks, preferably the last space in a row to reduce the chance of scratching by 50%. I once drove to the roof floor and parked my car in the last marked space. When I returned, a small car had squeezed into the remaining gap between the last marked space and the wall of the lift house. Never again!

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen