Need advice

I have a 1992 Saab 900s which is not starting. The gas needle has been jumping all around for about a week and then on Saturday I went out to start it and it would not start. It turns over but it seems like it is not getting gas to start. I thought it might be out of gas since the gas needle does not work properly and I could not tell if there was gas or not. But after adding a gallon of gas it still did not start. Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem and how to fix it ... and if there are any good Saab mechanics that will not rip me off in the Chicago area preferably the south side of the city.

Reply to
firerayn

Try posting your request in chi.general. there is a wealth of knowledge in that group and quite often they are willing to share it, especially kenji.

Reply to
Ski

Maybe you should take a look at the membrane in the carburettor. Probobly it is leaking.

/Orat

Reply to
orat

I thought all 1992 900S would be fuel injected. The only carburated

900s were some Canadian models in the 1980s.
Reply to
ma_twain

I think carburettors disappeared about 1987, I used to have a 1986 900C. Sounds like a pump problem.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

It sounds like your fuel pump gene

Reply to