Need kind Sonett owner with digicam....

To send me a pic of the correct center piece from the SAAB Sonett (the one I am gonna get is an Orange '74). Has the soccer ball wheels with inserts that say SAAB but I have seen inserts on webpics that look blue (and are too far away to know if they say saab). There is a light film of crud over the car so it may be blue underneath, but it looks black Thanks Tim Richter snipped-for-privacy@nospammeplease.comcast.net

Reply to
Timothy J. Richter

Found out that mine are later replacements from the 99/900 series. Still would like a pic of the originals if there is a kind soul out there. Thanks Tim

Reply to
Timothy J. Richter

The correct ones are blue and (fragile) plastic. There is a black (tough) plastic Saab round emblem that fits, I think it was from the

99 EMS. The fragile plastic ones are more accurate, but I've never seen an intact set. Biggest problem is that, to mount tires on the rims, you have to take 'em out. Garage-type people aren't always so careful with other peoples' stuff. The black plastic ones (I can check for a part number but I doubt if they're still available) snap out nicely.

Are the convex (dished in), or do they protrude as, er, kind of a truncated cone?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I can take pics, but, you really probably want to keep the black ones. If you don't want 'em, I'll buy 'em from you.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

This is a pic of my '72 where the wheels have the black 99 inserts - these are not so difficult to find:

This is a scan of a set of 4 original blue Sonett inserts. As Dave mentioned, it's hard to find an undamaged one and I too had to repair them with two component glue. These are NLA from Saab, but sometimes show up on Ebay. Maybe you'll be disappointed to find that they'll easily cost around US$ 25 each... (no, mine are not for sale).

-- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

Thanks!!!

Reply to
Timothy J. Richter