Neutral Safety Switch (NSS)

Often my 2000 9.5 v6 lights for engine and transmission lite up and transmission slows or shudder... Then, after I turned engine on and off for couple of times and have driven car for a bit indicator signals turn off. Could anyone advise me if this is a sympton of a Neutral Safety Switch replacement? and if so; is the NSS the same as the Transmission Range Sensor?

Reply to
warsaab

by the way mileage is only 40k

Reply to
warsaab

Sounds like that's what it is to me. My symptoms were the thing wouldn't move when put in gear until the car was warmed up, really weird. The NSS ain't cheap either, like $350. I had an independant Saab mech tell me (after the fact) that a cure is to bend the metal tab of the switch and that fixes it (but you lose the benefit of a safety...big deal). You might check into that solution...sure seems cheaper and the worst thing that'll might happen is you ruin a switch that's failing anyway.

Brian

Reply to
WitchDr