New 9-3 Sport saloon - Fuel Economy?

Hello!

I am considering moving to the new Saab 9-3 from my current car (Lexus IS200). The only negative thing I've heard about the 9-3 is that fuel economy is supposed to be very poor - quoted in a recent magazine review as

23-25mpg on a good day.

Has anyone had experience first hand, either of the 1.8 or 2.0, preferably with auto box attached. I currently get 28-34 combined with the Lex and don't want to see my fuel bill increase too much if it can be helped.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
news.mistral.co.uk

I get between 28 and 31.

Reply to
Sean Barclay

Sean

Can you share your thoughts on the new model, in time I guess I will update, but I am keen to hear the pro's & con's from the man in the street.

PS Forgive me if this thread has already been discussed, am 2 months new to the group :)

Reply to
mickx

I have been averaging 30 mpg since I bought the car in early July. (Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on ration of highway to city travel).

Mike J.

: Hello! : : I am considering moving to the new Saab 9-3 from my current car (Lexus : IS200). The only negative thing I've heard about the 9-3 is that fuel : economy is supposed to be very poor - quoted in a recent magazine review as : 23-25mpg on a good day. : : Has anyone had experience first hand, either of the 1.8 or 2.0, preferably : with auto box attached. I currently get 28-34 combined with the Lex and : don't want to see my fuel bill increase too much if it can be helped. : : Any advice greatly appreciated. : : Thanks : :

Reply to
Michael S. Jessop

I've got a manual 1.8t; I get around 32-33mpg.

The only comment I would have is that the capacity of the tank seems a bit small for the size of the car and the fuel consumption - I seem to have to fill up more often compared to my previous car.

If you're that bothered about fuel economy, what about a diesel?

Glenn.

Reply to
Glenn Proctor

Reply to