New navigation DVDs only available through Saab?

Hi there!

I bought myself a 2003 9-3 Aero a couple of months back. So far, I'm more than happy, as the car is simply a pleasure to drive.

The car came with a Navi (I live in Germany) and even now, I can tell that it isn't "up to date", as new roads are constantly being built and others are being changed. I asked at my Saab dealer about an update DVD and was quoted a price of around 400,- Euros! "A bit steep" is a slight understatement. OK, the car cost nearly 40.000,- Euros when new and the navi made up nearly 10% of that price, but I still think that 400,- Euros for a DVD is a bit much.

Obviously, I was wondering if I have to obtain the DVD from Saab? Sadly, the company that makes the system - Navtech - don't have anything on their website and their help feature finally tells me to "contact my local dealer". Full circle.

Anyone else had more luck? Anyone with a suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any information.

KS

Reply to
Karl Schmittt

I know it doesn't mention Saab specifically, but did you find this page

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Thanks for the reply :-)

I was on this page and at the top it says " If you do not see your navigation system in the list below, please contact your dealer or NAVTEQ". When you then go through the Navteq help page, you end up being told "contact your dealer" Brilliant :-(

I've driven Saabs for 12 years now and know that they are a little more

- "exclusive" is the word that comes to mind - where prices are concerned, but as I said in my original posting, I disagree with the amount of money Saab are demanding for a DVD update.

Friends of ours are off to Sweden in July; maybe they can get a Swedish DVD for me (I assume all languages are on the DVD??). I remember my surprise at the cost of a tow-bar for my 9000 in Sweden: less than half the price I would have paid in Germany. Actually paid for the holiday . . . ;-)

Many thanks again!

KS

Reply to
Karl Schmittt