New Saab Owner

Just purchased a used 99 Saab 9-3 to replace my 82 Mercedes-Benz 240D (Diesel 4 cyl). Which needless to say is a huge change. I researched quite a bit to make sure I was making a wise buy. I'm completely new to Saab and I expected to run into some issues with the car. As I expected the SID is malfunctioning, and I had arleady book marked the page:

My SID works completely sometimes, sometimes hardly at all. The whole panel never goes completely out but goes out in sections. Does this guide apply to the kind of problem I have? I'm quite familiar with electronics and would feel safe doing the repair.

My headlight windshield wipers (worthless?) don't work. I have found little documentation or questioning about these. I think the owners manual mentions them once. I don't really care about using them, but the passenger side headlights wiper is stuck at 45 degree angle. It'd be nice to get them working (blown fuse? dead motors?), but mainly I just want to get the one stuck at its normal resting place.

Thanks, Mitch

99 9-3 70k miles
Reply to
Mitch Knight