Newbie

Hi All! I've been lurking here now for a few weeks. I bought up a 1985

900 Turbo for the wife accidentally. we needed another vehicle, friend of mine had this one for sale cheap. I am now totally fascinated by these cars! And this, coming from a Ford truck guy (2002 F-350, 1978 Bronco, 1968 Bronco)

So, now I want to get a Saab of my very own. I have many questions pertaining to the 900 (US models I imagine):

- What years are considered "classic 900"?

- What advantages if any exist in the other years outside the "classic" range

- any big bad problems noted with the 1997 model? (I have a lead on one for sale)

- Auto transmission good/bad reliability?

- Any place I can get answers to things like this without pestering folks here?

Thanks in advance....

~bc

Reply to
Brian Collins

Hi Brian,

1979-1993

I'll pass on that one - I have very few good things to say about NG900s (New Generation, 1994-1997).

Well, they're better than the 1994 models ;-) These cars are totally different from your 1985 C900 - they are based on a GM platform, and are considered by many to be the worst cars Saab has ever produced. But some people like them.

In NG900s? Not bad.

There are lots of sites with Saab info out there. If you're looking for straightforward model data, then:

Reply to
Grunff

Thank you!

Reply to
Brian Collins

+1994 for the 900 convertible

MH

You may also want to look into the SAAB 9000 if you are fascinated by the c900. It may lead you to other SAAB models too.

Reply to
yaofeng

in article ddf8at$mef$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.zwoll.ov.home.nl, MH at snipped-for-privacy@thanks.no wrote on

11/08/2005 11:04:

... The last few produced for the US market are called Commemorative Edition Turbo models (CET).

Well specced and _very_ desirable.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Newbie I have a 1992 saab 900s conv purchased new in 92. I have had four new automatic transmissions since 70k. I now have 134k and my last trans was put in at 105 k I am keeping my fingers crossed it will last another

10k. Does that answer your question? best regards papa
Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

You're welcome here anytime Brian.

Some of us think the 1994-98 900, known here as the NG900 a pretty solid vehicle. We owned one for 4 years and loved her to bits.

However, I would also point you towards a 9000, pref a 97/98 Aero or Full Pressure Turbo. That said, our 98 Anniversary on the 2.0l LPT is a fine motor car.

I drive a C900 Aero, which is great fun, but you have to accept regular bills to keep an 18 year old car going.

Welcome to the group.

Al

Reply to
Al