[newbie] What;s the "best" 2.0 Conv. and what to look for

1st of all - if there is a forum or faq that covers this - please excuse and point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a fund car to replace my everyday 2.0 focus and my weekend

911SC - I want a fast (ish) convertible - hence I am drawn to the 93.

Simple questions, what's the best model year (99 onwards), model (lpt, "hot" whatever that means) and what should I watch for, what options are worth having - what causes trouble, what should I look for in the service history etc. buy private, buy from dealer etc.

I guess I am am looking for perceived wisdom from you guys.

Any advice appreciated - mail direct at paul_peard-at-hotmail-dot-com if you don't want to clog the group.

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul Peard

Hot = high output turbo, this is what your looking for in a fast(ish) car. Go to

and post a message to their forum asking for input on a new purchase. I'm sure you will get many helpful replies to your questions.

Reply to
joblo

i HAVE A 92 SAAB CONV. i PURCHASED BRAND NEW IN 92. i LOVE THE CAR BUT IT HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HEADACHES. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN REPLACED AT LEAST ONCE . eARLY 90S SAAB AUTO TRANS HAD LOTS OF POROBLEMS. I HAVE HAD 4 NEW TRANS IN THE LAST 6 YRS.for

SOME REason they chew up the auto trans. At this time i have a good trans who knows how long it will last. good luck gene

Reply to
PapaGene

What I wanna know is what happened between 'E' and 'a' right here ;)

Hans

Reply to
Hans L

What I wanna know is what happened between 'E' and 'a' right here ;)

Hans

Reply to
Hans L

What I wanna know is what happened between 'E' and 'a' right here ;)

Hans

Reply to
Hans L

Sorry for the multiple posts. Half-working email client :(

HL

Reply to
Hans L

There's a TSB on an A/C valve that causes a groan.

Reply to
Bob