NG 900 stalling problems

I have a 1996 NG 900s with about 150k on it. Love the car..been real good to us. (Its the wifes car) Tonite she said it wnet "ding ding ding" the interior lights and all the warning lights flickered and then it died. Started back up in a few minutes tho. Did this 2x to her. Its been idling a bit ruff lately too. Thanks for any advice

NWFUngi

Reply to
NW Fungi

ma_twain

I don't think the 1996 NG 900S has DI. My 1995 doesn't.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:36:22 -0400, ma snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com suggested: : DI cassette? : : NW Fungi wrote: : :> I have a 1996 NG 900s with about 150k on it. Love the car..been real :> good to us. (Its the wifes car) Tonite she said it wnet "ding ding ding" :> the interior lights and all the warning lights flickered and then it :> died. Started back up in a few minutes tho. Did this 2x to her. Its been :> idling a bit ruff lately too. :> Thanks for any advice :> :> NWFUngi

Reply to
andrewunix

I vote ignition switch.

Reply to
gw

Bad battery contacts are what I'd check first. Did she hit any kind of road ondulation (bump, etc) immediately before the "ding ding ding"? Was this the kind of alarm as when you turn on the key initially?

Car is automatic or manual gearbox?

Reply to
mattleibovitch

Wife says it was the same alarm sound and lights and when you start the car initially. She had not hit any bumps or potholes, and the headlights never faultered. The car is an automatic

NWF

Reply to
NW Fungi