NG900 hands free kits

This has been discussed before, but parts availability has changed.

I'm looking at getting a cellular hands-free kit (specifically, Motorola IHF1000). It comes in two varieties: with its own speaker, and using the car's speakers. The version that uses the car speakers requires a mute input.

In the past, Saab made some sort of a hands free kit, (P/N 02 48 666), but my local dealer wasn't aware of it.

My service manual refers to a wiring loom in the passenger footwell, and elsewhere to a cell phone mute input (which may be active-high or active-low; not clear) but doesn't explain much.

  1. Is there any value to spend lots of time tracking down the elusive Saab kit?

  1. Does anyone have documentation on the factory-installed harness? Is the mute pin active-high or active-low?

Reply to
Captain Poutine

I believe your local parts guy can search the entire USA dealer network (assuming you are in the USA) for the kit.

Reply to
still me