Nokian WR tires?

Anyone have comments, pro or con, regarding Nokian WR tires?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Put them on my '00 9-3 base (tire size 195/60r15) as a winter tire for this last winter and think they are great. Matter of fact when my Pirelli P Zero Neros go I will probably get WR's in a 16" size and just use them year around.

They have a good ride, good traction, and decent handling.

Reply to
why, me

I use them as year-round on my '96 9000. Work great.

-Dima

Reply to
Dima

Thanks everyone, have an appointment for thursday to get a set. I've never been dissapointed with Nokian tires, so I don't expect to start now, but it's good to know. Probably bought 10 sets of them over the years, of various types, for various vehicles, maybe more.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

They are the best tires I have ever used. Fantastic in snow and water and almost as good as Pirelli's on dry surfaces. They have been on my CSE for about 20,000 miles and they barely show any wear. I put them on my significant other's 9-5 which had Continentals and the improvment in the general feel of the car was really noticable. They are a bit noisy at low speeds but that is the only drawback I have found. They are also reported to be one of the toughest tires and impervious to pothole damage.

Reply to
R. Frist

Post Script: Dave, be sure to rotate your tires every 5000 miles or so. On both 9000s I have owned there is an inherent tendency for the rear tires to wear more on their inside edges and if the rear shocks are the least bit worn (but still pass the bumper test) you will also have scalloping.

Reply to
R. Frist

Excellent, thank you for your time and advice. I appreciate both.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz