opinions please re:serv. & maint. of a 93 9000CSEi

Recently bough my first SAAB; impulse buy - I was looking for a small car for the missus, when I saw the 1993 9000CSEi with FSSH and 130k on the clock at a fair price. 'I know,' I thought, 'I'll get that and give my Golf to her.' ;-)

Usually I don't buy on impulse - being the researching type of personality. However, three months on and I'm very pleased with the choice. So far, the instrument panel display that shows battery voltage etc. fails to light now (something that I can live with).

Oh and the other problem - the cars's not got enough acceleration for a quick start off from roundabouts, or on motorways at higher speeds, plus it wallows around a bit on bends at high speed (I prefer a firmer suspension).

So next I'll be looking at a Turbo model. Until I save enough disposable income to move up, I need your thoughts on servicing and maintaining this model.

Would I be okay with my usual backstreet garage for this non-turbo/ simpler model?

How often should I get the air-con. serviced (London, so only used in our brief summer)?

Should I get the air-con. serviced at a SAAB dealer?

TIA, Max

BTW, nice to see some knowledgeable people here on USENET when many groups seem to be loosing to web-forums.

Reply to
maxandanna

Try

for further information.

KeithG

maxandanna wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

[snip]

Thanks for the pointer Keith - good site. Max

Reply to
maxandanna