Orca's cosmetic surgery ... Continued ...

Hi all ... I popped in to see my mechanics this afternoon for an update on my Orca (1989 T8). They're nearly finished with it ... Just a spit and polish to go :)

Here she is now ... Quite a difference, eh?

Cirrus White wheels! The gloomy garage does not do them justice ... They're

*very* shiny 8)

Colour-coded grille, too 8) Don't worry ... It's just sitting there and hasn't been properly fixed yet, hence the odd lines.

Meshed vent covers, too, for that "collars and cuffs" look :)

I'm busting now ... I can't wait to drive the car again. Roll on Monday!

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Very nice.

Reply to
- Bob -

Paul, As an orca, should it not be black and white?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Brown

It is ... Upside down :)

An astute observation and one which I have considered myself ... Perhaps a black bonnet and boot a la Swedish Police Cars of the early '80s? Nah, that'd look like a taxi.

The name came from a moment of synchronicity between my wife and I. We'd driven into the compound where our mechanics have their garage and that car's back end was sticking out of the garage doors. From a slightly lower elevation it really does look like a whaletail and we both uttered the words 'killer whale' (or, "looks like a killer whale") when we first saw the car, despite the obvious monochromatic colour flip.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday