P.S. 9-2 info

Anyone have info on the new 9-2 saab offering? Curious about price, body length, cargo capacity. A true saab or a sad GM knockoff?

Reply to
Lawrence Kohut

2005 Saab 9-2X Price List Effective April 22, 2004 Model MSRP 9-2X Linear $22,990 9-2X Aero $26,950 Destination, all models $695

Additional pricing information is available at

There are all sorts of other specifications, but dimensions don't seem to be available at the Saabusa website yet. The information at Subaru for the Impreza wagon should be accurate enough. The 9-2 Linear roughly corresponds to the Impreza 2.5 TS Sport Wagon; the 9-2 Aero corresponds to the WRX Sport Wagon. As for being a GM knockoff, it's not, it's a Subaru knockoff ;-). The difference to me being that I can usually get a GM employee discount on a Saab, but not on a Subaru. I hope this helps.

Walt Kienzle

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

As far I have heard, it is not Saab at all, but re-badged Subaru Impreza.

BR:Z

Reply to
Zon

It's a re-fashioned Subaru Impreza WRX wagon.

They have modified the suspension a bit and made some changes to the body shape and interior fittings, but over all it's nearly the precisely identical car.

Browse to Subaru's website and look at the specs there for an idea on the car's physical specs.

For pricing, the owner of my local dealership said that Saab/GM was being very tight-lipped over details.

The 9-2 will come in two models, he expects the entry model to be priced in the high twenties and the Aero model to be priced in the mid-to-high thirties. (Canadian dollars.) The car can't be

*too* much more expensive than the equivalent Soob models, or they'll lose any sales they might have had to Subaru. I mean, how much do you really want to pay for a Saab medallion?
Reply to
Viktor Haag

John Retsek and Art Poole gave it a glowing review on "The Car Show" on KPFK radio (Los Angeles) last Saturday. It is indeed a rebadged Subaru, but from their account a very nice car. I don't see what the big deal is about "badge engineering" anyway. The difference is in the details -- interior fitments, suspension tuning, etc. The Subaru is a terrific car -- structurally and dynamically at least the equal of any "real" Saab. A WRX will run rings around anything but an M3. However, many of us prefer European styling and detailing, which is where the Saab version comes in.

I respect the guys from The Car Show more than any other automotive journalists. They've been doing the show for over 30 years. They take no corporate or government money of any kind, so they can say what they want. They're true car enthusiasts, very insightful, and often brutally honest. If you're not in LA, you can listen over the web at

Saturdays at noon PDT.

Matt O.

Reply to
Matt O'Toole

"Matt O'Toole" skrev i en meddelelse news:nWroc.65008$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc03.gnilink.net...

HEAR, HEAR!!

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

I agree with you, but the promo materials I've seen make the interior look more like a modern Soob's interior than a complete redesign with a european feel. More like light touch-ups than a complete going over. On the other hand, I could be wrong: I haven't seen an actual car yet, and I'm sure others at car shows have...

Reply to
Viktor Haag