Painting my SAAB - Taking votes

Phuoc,

Okay, not a problem. They aren't mine, they're everyone's to share.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Hopefully James feels like me and couldn't give a flying f*ck about your saab videos.

Phuoc

Reply to
Phuoc Nghuy

Are you really as fuckwitted and thick as you seem to be?

Phuoc

Reply to
Phuoc Nghuy

Great, now the troll has got the regulars fighting amongst themselves.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave,

I didn't mean to. My apologies.

SaabGuy

Reply to
Saab Guy

Ahh well that's the neat thing with aluminium. It makes its own very thin oxide layer to protect itself. I'm not sure what the airlines do. Believe it or not they consider the weight of paint ( or laquer ) when doing their sums about the economics of operation.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

posted above yet? I got nearly 61 of them up for all of us to enjoy.

Haven't checked them out yet actually, been burried in other stuff. I do plan to have a look eventually though, I like most things related to Saab, at least classic Saab.

Reply to
James Sweet

Don't feed teh trolls...

Reply to
James Sweet

Good, still Saabless, but spendiung too much money on the GT4/All-trac. Noticed a blow in one of the flexi sections of the exhaust. It was cheaper to buy a bigger bore stainless system than an OEM.

I tend not to like a lot of BMW drivers (although that type tend have been priced out of the market and are now driving VW golf TDis now), but that paint is mental.

I guess now you now have to prove that you are deliberatley trying to blind another driver.

Oh I know, I couldn't believe how innexpensive compared to the flip type stuff, but it is the special spraying/flowing equipment that costs.

Of course, all the reflection would be extra visibility.

I would love to take a C900 Carlsson/SPG, give it black bigger wheels, deep tint windows, and the big whale tail rear spoiler (rather than the rubber duck) and have the body fully chrome sprayed. I reckon with just the rubber rear edge of the spoiler and the wiper blades, in black, it would looks so sleak.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Dexter J" wrote

I bet it would also keep those high beaming SUVs a bit further back and less blinding. Definitely an advantage worth considering.

Stephen B.

Reply to
Stephen B.

Again - sadly, a pipe dream for the moment.

Still, keeping the above bookmarks for when it comes time to actually re-spray the Aero. I think the 1993 9000 would be an equally good candidate for the treatment given the lines. Better in many ways than the BMW linked above.

First though - must find my missing 75hp. I have some very good leads from saabnet on that one which I'm working on next week.

Reply to
Dexter J

Dexter,

I recall that there are a couple of switch signals that, if sensed, put the ECU in base boost mode. I know the cruise control sends a signal and maybe brake light or Air Conditioner (though the latter makes little sense since that would be when you'd want more power!)?

I think there was some good info on troubleshooting base-boost only problems on Tom Town send's' SAABMaster web site.

It's at right now but he is hosting it on a server with dynamic IP address so the address changes pretty often.

I have one of these exact same problems to troubleshoot also. It's on a '93 9000CSET that my daughter has been driving at school. Up 'till now, I have not been too motivated to get it fixed because she really does not need the extra boost and, well, I'm a lazy Dad. But she'll be home from college soon so what the heck...

On that one I know the APC solenoid is bad in addition to something else because it was on base boost before I filched the solenoid to fix a '92 I used to have. Fun, fun, fun...

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Something that looks very cool is the classis two colour used on the

900 Lyx. Bottom part silver, top part light blue. Pictures at
Speaking about two-tone paint I have actually considered ivory and burgundy. If you want something out of the ordinary perhaps jade green (Gn12) may be an interesting choise. See
for a list ofcolours.
Reply to
Staffan V

Red or yellow. It'll get noticed.

Reply to
Dan RatherNot

Here's another link at my special editions website:

It's also referred to as the Lux. I've never heard it referred to as the 'Lyx' ... you learn something new every day. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul Halliday