parts need for 72 saab wagon

hello where would i find new front shocks and new rear lift gate shocks thanks in advance jim snipped-for-privacy@nethere.com

Reply to
jiimz

These are the same as on the 96 (asuming with "72 wagon" you mean a 1972 SAAB 95), should be available from car parts suppliers.

The 95 does not have rear gate shocks, there are two large springs in the D pillars that hold the gate open. The hinges that stick out of the D pillar wear out, but are no longer available from SAAB. You'll have to recondition them or watch eBay. You could also try

,
or the Swedish Saab club
(all depending on where you are).

----------------------------------------- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

MH

If you are in the US and cannot find front shocks for 96/95/Sonett, you can get rear shocks from a 1963-82 Chevy Corvette - available from many sources. There is an insert for the top mount which is easily heated with a torch to slip out - they will fit fine with new bushings.

Reply to
Nilsa & Barry

I have some Monroe shocks for a V4 saab, I'm not interested in parting with them but would be happy to find a number for you. But, have you called the Saab dealer? They might be able to get it still; I can look up a part number for you if you want.

I'm confused here, friend. There are no shocks for the back, there's a big honking spring (very big honking spring) that provides force. You can get to it (them?) through the ventilated panels in the rear-most pillars. Do you have a repair manual for the car?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz