Ping Sabbtech - Dave - Grunff - Laura - et al..

Salutations:

Gentlemen - lady - what would be your estimated value on a late model V6

9000 5 door with a pooched engine and dodgy auto tranny? Body, interior, suspension OK condition - but it has been assigned a permanent 'salvage' tick in the records..

I am thinking about swapping in my '89 2.0T drive train (which is supposed to be possible - if a little involved)..

I would really value your opinions if you were willing to venture one..

Reply to
Dexter J

In the UK, such a beast would not fetch more than £500; probably less depending on exact age. But from reading this ng, it's clear that used car prices across the pond can be significantly higher than they are here.

Having looked at the mechanics of a 9000 V6 (but not in detail, and not worked on one), I can't see it being a major operation, as long as you have both complete cars.

Sounds like a good project.

Reply to
Grunff

Thx brother Grunff..

Reply to
Dexter J

following was produced:

Thx Dave..

I checked around and I'm seeing about the same price point after the math (although I tend to keep coming in around $700).. The thing is coming up for local auction from the insurance vampires and I have to think that no dealer in their right mind around here would be interested given that it's dead and there are PILES of good running mid

90's sedans (not usually SAABS) on the block for sub $1,000..

My cunning plan is to send in my local used dealer pal with a figure and let him keep whatever is left over.. After that - park the two machines beside one another at my wrench meisters shop and let him have at it.. I think I'll end up in the $2,000 range there - soooo - depending on the final price of the body, it's a coin toss..

The V6 body/interior is in OK condition and my engine is humming away very nicely now - so - given it's for personal use rather than resale (salvage tick is serious pwob commercially around here) I might be able to fold them together and be riding pretty for the next 5 years or so..

Does the V6 and tranny (pooched though they are) have any value once it's out of the car?.. Maybe I could offset either my dealer's output or my mechanics input..

Reply to
Dexter J

Dexter J pressed random keys until the following was produced:

I was/am thinking you're Canadian, right? So, my 1000 bucks Canadian that I was speaking in, is about 700 bucks USA'n. So yeah, sound about right.

...or, just a 100 dollar flat fee. Depends; either should be cool.

Hm. I think we're getting into money again.

Lots of questions, not much in the way of answers I'm afraid. Sounds like an awful lot of effort to me, compared to waiting to find a car that is as you like it. If you were doing the work yourself, it might be affordable, but paying someone else to do it could get pricy.

Dave

Reply to
davehinz

As much as that? Well geeze Louise - that changes everything.. :) ..

Reply to
Dexter J