pond in driver's footwell

I'm sure Ive read what causes this but I cant remember so could someone enlighten me? It's definately rain water and not coolant, I had the thought it was the sunroof drain blocked?. what ever it is could do with some advice on how to drain the water feature. The car is a '87 900 T16 with factory fitted sunroof. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Reply to
derek huffadine

I think this came up here just recently... it could be the drain at the bottom of the well where the AC evaporator is located (underneath the vent in the hood/bonnet). Leaves tend to get down there and clog things up. I think if it were the sunroof, you would be seeing water soaking through the headliner around the sunroof opening.

John

Reply to
John B

Most common cause is the ventilation air intake box - just under the cut slots in the bonnet (hood). At the base of the box is a drain tube, about 1" diameter, which takes water out of the box and through the inner wheel arch. Check that this is clear.

Second most common cause is sunroof drains. But check the first one first.

Reply to
Grunff

Make my situation the 3rd most common. I had a leak in the windshield. I checked the first two most common causes without success.

Reply to
ma_twain

Really? That is really rare in a C900. Where was it coming in?

Reply to
Grunff

the ducks are moving in!

the air box drain is clear and so I dont really understand how the water that is supposed to get from sunroof to outside does it.

where does the drain run?

where does it empty?

where does it normally block?

Why does the water back up onto the floor pan?

its got to be the drivers side drain hasnt it?!

its the first time its even got wet so its got to be something substantial to just occlude the drain.

if its not that then my girlfriend probably dropped a litre of bottled water in the car and not told me! LOL

Reply to
derek huffadine

4 drains, front ones run along the A pillars, back ones along the B pillars.

Through holes at the front and the side of the car.

Usually at the top, sometimes at the bottom.

When it rains, it gets into the sunroof gutter, which fills up then overflows onto the inside of your car. It rains inside the car.

No, it all depends on the inclination of the car when parked. Nose up? Down? Level?

Could be that...

Reply to
Grunff

Ahh then it isnt the sunroof cause the only thing that is wet is the floor, no wet head liner around sun roof or anything. I 'll spanish inquistion the misses.

thanks for the info

derek

Reply to
derek huffadine

There are drain tubes from the headliner's front corners, and on mine when it did this the drips came off of the plastic trim around the sunroof without making anything else wet. Check 'em anyway, genty, so you don't push them off in the process or things get messier.

Nobody expects that...

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

'97 900s: At the base of the w/s there is a plastic 'plate' that fills over the wiper motor & 'trims' the opening. The plastic plate has a double stick tape strip at the glass. IF this bonding strip opens(drys out,poorly refitted), ALL the water from the w/s POURS into the 'body/compartment filter' then to the floor.......

Reply to
GregChi