Precertified 2001 Saab 93 Hatchback roof leaks

Good Afternoon Saab Group:

I need your advice about the pre-certified 2001 Saab Hatchback I bought a few months ago. By the way I love, love love it and it is my second Saab.

One day it started to rain when I had the sunroof open, so I closed it. To make sure that it was closed, I put my hand up to see if any air was coming in and was shocked when my hand felt water.

I immediately contacted the dealer and they had me bring it in for service. When I picked the car up, the service department told that 4 drains were plugged and that they fixed the problem.

Two days later it rained and again I felt water inside my Saab. I brought it back for service so they could fix it a second time.

Yesterday, the service department told me there was nothing they could do and that what I was feeling was normal. They said all Saabs do that and that the reason I was feeling the water was that my hand was actually getting into the drain.

Does this sound right to you?

Thank you in advance and have a great day.

Reply to
Britney
[snip]

Doesn't sound unreasonable. The sunroof glass isn't expected to be perfectly sealed against the roof of the car - that could never be made reliable. So instead, there's a gutter running all around the edge of the glass to catch any water that gets through and lead it to the drains. It's normal for that gutter to be wet when it rains. I've never tried feeling for it from inside the car and my 9-3 doesn't have a sunroof, so I can't try it for myself, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that you could get your fingers into the gutter from inside with the roof closed. Before my conversion to Saab I drove an Alfa 156 which did have a sunroof. If I got into that after some rain, I could hear what sounded like about a cup full of water sloshing around above my head as I drove away! It was like that the whole time I had the car. A bit disconcerting it was, but I never got wet.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp