Putting subs in '02 9-3

Just went to Best Buy today...asked about putting a 10 inch or larger sub in back of the hatchback. The salesperson said they dont install speakers and such into saabs and volvos (my friend was with me...he owns a volvo s-80) due to the wiring of saabs. He said to go to tweeter becuase they can do my car "custom." Anywho...was this guy lieing to me...anyone put subs ino their saab...any suggestions???

Reply to
SPL

I had two 6 inch sub woofers, 2 amps, a CD player and a graphic equalizer in the back of my Classic. I had to run a 4 gauge wire to a separate power distribution unit in the back to supply the power. When it was cranked it felt like someone was kicking the back of the seat. This configuration took over half of the space in the hatch back area. Obviously, this is when I was single. Once I got married, I needed the space in the back and I have kids to kick the the backs of the seats :-)

The short answer is yes it can be d> Just went to Best Buy today...asked about putting a 10 inch or larger sub in

Reply to
ma_twain

Yea, I have one 12" sub, and all Infinity speakers in a 1999 9-3 se. Same exact thing as yours pretty much. I still have my stock head and I had a professional do it at a local stero place. I bought my sub and box at best buy b/c of gift certificates. But I have 2 900W amps. One is for the speakers and the other if for my sub. It can be done, leave Best Buy out of the picture they have no clue what to do. Plus it's better to give your money to a local installation place anyways. Check your phone book and call around and check what the installation is per hour. I paid about $1200 for installation of all infinity speakers, 2 amps, and to have it all installed. Not a bad price either. So check it out and let me know what you find :-) Alex

Reply to
9-3*Turbo

Oh yea well I'll email you some pictures of my car, and by the way, I bought componets. Which, is basically a bass speaker, then a tweeter on top. Sounds awesome. Cross overs I don't think can be done, then couldn't do mine, but componets are awesome. I have all the bass out of my normal speakers and all my bass comes from the sub. Well good luck. Alex

Reply to
9-3*Turbo