Questions from new 9-3 coupe owner

Hello

I've just bought a year 2000 9-3 SE Turbo, so I'm afraid that I'll now be asking some dumb questions in the hope that someone can answer them.

1) I've bought the dashboard cup holder, and want to fit this myself. Should I disconnect the battery before removing the radio and the SID? If I do so, is there anything I need to be aware of?

2) FM on the radio is fine, but AM is poor. Is this anything I can solve?

3) I believe that I have bought a HPT, but paranoia now means I'm not 100% certain. The registration documents don't specify. What can I look for to know for sure?

Thanks in anticipation.

Reply to
Martin Lowe

Doesn't really matter... but you want to make sure you have the radio code on hand because you will need it when you hook the radio back up. At least pull the fuse for good luck. Disconnecting the battery will also cause the ECU to reset and have to re-learn your driving style - but that's not a bad thing.

Check the antenna connections. Saab is not great for AM reception, IMHE.

A nice boot in the butt dyno when you kick it :-) Get your VIN, call Saab (800#), they can tell you.

Reply to
Bob

Is that a US number you're referring to? If so, I'm in the UK.

It does move when I floor it :-) There's also a turbo needle - am i right in thinking that only HPT had these?

Reply to
Martin Lowe

Yeah. Sorry.

That's the rumor. Turbo gauge in HPT only.

Reply to
Bob

9-3 do not use radio codes. They are matched to the twice unit
Reply to
tim

It's even better than that. In 2000 SAAB went to the 2.0 H.O.T. (High Output Turbo) engine which has even more power (~205hp) than the earlier

2.0L full pressure turbo's (~185hp).

reference here:

-Fred W

Reply to