Radio display

This periodic problem on my stock 2001 9-3 radio has the following symptoms: The radio station display on the SID goes blank (only the radio station number, preset number, and band (AM or FM) goes blank, the other information on the SID remains) and on occasion the radio goes silent and comes back on a 5-10 seconds later when the display is blank. At other times, the radio will continue to play uninterrupted when the display is blank When the radio station display is blank and comes back on, it slightly interrupts the rhythm of the turn signal (if the turn signal happens to be on at the time). When the radio station display is blank, the volume control on the steering wheel does not work. I have inquired of the collective wisdom of this group before but without the full range of symptoms listed here. Any ideas?

Reply to
rbmrwb