Radio, Radio 2001 9-3

With some frequency, my radio goes silent and the channel display on the SID goes blank (just the radio info, the SID still shows time and date, etc.) I turn the radio off and turn it back on and the radio plays but the display does not appear. If I turn the car off and restart, everything works. Any simple fix or is this something that should be looked at by the dealer, or would a competent car audio shop be best. Thanks.

Reply to
rbmrwb

It looks to like a loose contact at the rear of the radio unit.

Pieter schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Planet

When you restart the radio, can you restore the display by pressing the "Black Panel" button a couple of times?

Jim M

Reply to
Jim M

I'll give it a try and post the results. thanks.

Reply to
rbmrwb

No dice. The radio remains on, but the channel display stays dark. Any ideas?

Reply to
rbmrwb

Just guessing at this point. If it were my car, I'd try pulling the radio and reseating the elcetrical connectors at the back. Be sure you have the radio code available if you try this!. Also, you may lose radio presets, etc.

Jim M

Reply to
Jim M

Thanks Jim, I'll give it a try.