radio reception

Saab 93 Sportwagon, less than 2 years old (UK)

Radio reception on FM used to be great, and is now rubbish. Poor reception in areas which used to be good. Took it back to a Saab dealer who did some tests and said the signal arriving at the radio was fine, but this was in an area where the signal strength is high anyway due to being close to the transmitter. Anyone had radio problems on this car?

Reply to
varnish

In message , varnish writes

Can't help with the 9-3 as I have a 9-5, but one observation on mine is that the reception is very poor with the heated rear screen switched on, and it comes on of its own free will for 10 minutes when you start up below 5 degrees. I have read that you can also get problems if the radio is not earthed properly - has it been removed and refitted recently?

Try a UK user forum

lots of helpful advice and real experts there. You have to register (free) of you want to post but you can look around as a guest.

Reply to
RCC

That's helpful - thanks

Reply to
varnish

I don't know about the built-in stereo that comes with the late model Saab but when this problem occurred on my 1995 Saab 9000, it was a half-loosen antenna cable connection at the back of the stereo which was causing me reception problem in "fringe" areas. Once the connection was secured, the problem went away.

Reply to
ngu