Radio security code resets

Guys, I just bought an 87 Saab 9000 Turbo. It is a great car but could use a bit of maintenance.

My problem is the anti-theft radio. I got the code from the dealer and can enter the code just fine. The radio play, but when I turn the car off (ignition off) then back on the radio starts the beeping all over again.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I might troubleshoot the problem? The radio remembers stations and settings just fine. It just doesn¡¦t remember the security code.

Please Help ?º

Reply to
Dave

There is a connection at the back of the radio that requires non-ignition power. It maintains the memory whilst the ignition is off.

Pete

Reply to
pmg

Thanks, I will check it with a meter to see if it is hot.

Reply to
Dave