Re: All spammers in alt.autos.saab will be reported for abuse

hey where can you report the abuse to? I have some other newsgroups I am subscribed too and was just wondering. Thanks

Reply to
Scania 9-3

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:18:07 -0500, Scania 9-3

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Totally seconded - I actually sent them a donation this Xmas.

On my prototype here - I used spamcop and CBL blacklists in tandem with Norton front ended by a spampal config that acts as a weird sort of Spam Firewall for W2K. Works great - very light weight on the processor and the bandwidth.

You can set custom rules for config and it polls the e-mail server for legacy policy. It has dropped spam inbound to about 4 a day against about

400 attempts (or about 1%) at my smtp port. Kills traffic at the actual inbound so it doesn't waste any machine cycles and doesn't load up the drive with null files.

Sending the spampal guy something next Christmas too.

What bugs me more is the compromised machines left on the network myself. Bill Gates is dead wrong - the only way to fix this is centralize the smtp backbone so it checks for virus in motion and start holding ISP's accountable through IP allocation fees. I hit the Norton site only to find out 2003 is already patching for buffer..

I've picked up the spam filtering directory over at zeal/looksmart on a voluntary basis and have been reading up on it a bit lately. As near as I can figure no one in the food chain is interested in stopping it at all - but they are more than willing to sell you something that might help stop the itch.

It really is like an electric plague!

Reply to
Dexter J