Re: Lower facia removal -Classic 900

Hello again to the group...

Could somebody advise me on where are the bolts situated to remove the lower facia...? I have found the middle one behind the ashtray... but still the facia was sitting tight... I need to reach the lower relay switches.

Please help! E.

Reply to
Eva

One bolt on each side, right where Keith says. They may be lower than might be originally thought, as are about even with the top door hinge. They are sometimes visually obscured by both wiring harness/connectors and black sealing putty.

On later MYs, there may be a couple more bolts to undo from the lower fascia/inside cockpit - just tug moderately to locate

Reply to
Lance Morgan

They really are a bugger to find. much lower than you think. Didn't get mine out because the extension I had wasn't long enough, and I think you do need some kind of flexible joint.

The Haynes was next to useless describing where they were.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Thanks guys....but I still cannot find the bolts behind the top door hinge :-( E.

Reply to
Eva

Open the bonnet (hood). Stand by the side of the car, like you're about to clean the windscreen (windshield).

Look down in the gap between the outer metal skin and the inner skin, just about where you expect the door hinge to be.

There may be some wires in the way, held in place with cable ties. If so, cut the cable ties.

Look for a 10mm bolt head, or a lump of sealant (looks like black dried up chewing gum). If you find the sealant, peel it off, and you'll see the bolt head.

Reply to
Grunff

Not the best quality, but hopefully the lowest pic might help, paired w/previous descriptions

Lance Morgan