Re: [Saab_c9000] Jak Stoll performance website part of Saabnet? (fwd)

hi there folks coming into the saab scene like 6 or 7 years ago saabnet.com has been my home the people on that website have pushed me & helped me move my career from being a line tech to a tuner my income is now mostly from producing saab performance parts & software I now am much happier in my work & a better husband & father as a result raguardless of what others expierence has been with scott mine has been good like it or lump it I am a proud TSN sponsor my website sinse day one has been hosted on the saabnet server & this in & of it self may be the reason some folks who unfortunatly are banned from TSN cant get on JSP Im not happy to hear folks cant get to the website because of this :-( I will see what I can do to be of help with this & Im sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone anyone can email me any time weather you need help or want to rag on me for being a TSN sponsor :-) snipped-for-privacy@charter.net take care JAK

Reply to
jak

Salutations:

You know what - that's why I'm eventually going to get jak to burn me a custom board and bend me a set of headers for a SAAB Turbo powered GMC motorhome.

I missed that little swat to the nads regarding saabnet.com .. Banned or not - not at all in the best traditions there brother ..

Reply to
Dexter J

board and bend me a set of headers for a SAAB Turbo powered GMC motorhome.

Well I've sent Jak an email explaining that I don't have a beef with him - just with the person running the hosting site known as TSN.

Jak seems like a good guy from everything I read - so I'm happy to keep positive.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

being a line tech to a tuner my income is now mostly from producing saab performance parts & software

That's fine, but your market is being limited by Scott's filtering practices. If you're fine artificially limiting your potential business, that's your coice of course.

Scott does, of course, give you a measurement of the number of times people tried to access your site, but were blocked by his filters? I mean, so you know how much traffic this decision of his and yours, is costing you?

it self may be the reason some folks who unfortunatly are banned from TSN cant get on JSP

There are plenty of hosting companies who make hosting a site painless, if you choose to switch or if Scott won't give you stats on how many hits you're missing. (Yes, those can be produced easily).

Don't get me wrong - I've been to saabnet, I may even still be able to go there, but I won't post there. Several very experienced folks in this group were regular contributors there, and then fell afoul of Scott's (very broad and imprecise, by the way) filters, and not only were blocked but all of their work was deleted. I'm not willing to contribute my knowledge and time to a site where a site owner uses imprecise measurements and fuzzy judgement to decide that my work is to be deleted.

It may be time to consider a different host, Scott is costing you customers. I've got a 95, a couple 96's, a 97, a 99T, a c900, and a 9-5. Oh, and a 93 but it doesn't move.

There's probably something that you sell that I could use, but I'm not even going to bother looking if you're hosted by Scott and his policies.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz