Re: Squeaky Brakes - Saab 9 3, 2003

> They (mechanics) tell me it's normal that my brakes squeak. > It's not every day that I hear it, but frequently...in both forward and > reverse, when coming to a slow stop. Weather conditions do not appear to be > making the difference. > Tell me, someone, pleeease, that this is NOT "normal". > > snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Try some copper grease. You will find a pointer at the bottom of this web page

Johannes H Andersen

for; V6, SUV, SAABaru...

but then again i hope you are smart enough to NOT buy a _new_ car :D unless you are like me and consider "new" something between 1985 and 1990

bye

simon

Reply to
Simon Putz

Lol! Not even an option at the moment. We're commited to spending every spare penny on our (interesting but extremely challenging) property.

But you're quite right - I wouldn't buy a new new car - the first 3 years depreciation are just not my style.

Our 'newest' car is the 1990 16vT, and very nice it is too.

Reply to
Grunff

I have been having the same problem: terrible squeek every time I break. I have two saabs: one of them is absolutely silent. I have not heard a squeak from it in three years that I owned it. The other (1994) squeaks every time. I also asked the mechanics, and they also told me "that is normal". But by comparing the two cars, I can certainly say, that it is not.

-- Nick

Reply to
Nick Monyatovsky

Hi Nick

I have a 96 NG900 2L non turbo and my brakes sqeak like crazy some days. My local servicing independent has tried to deal with the problem on several occasions and has given up on it.

You are not alone, good buddy.

Pete Brown Ballyclare County Antrim Northern Ireland

Reply to
Pete Brown