Rear Door Fans in '97 Aero

The rear (defrosting) door fans in my Aero stay on all the time when the ignition is on. They will turn off after about five minutes once I shut down the ignition.

The dealer wants to replace the entire climate control system for just under $2K to fix this. Does anyone have any ideas on a more cost-effective approach?

Thanks.

Reply to
Albert Bester

This might sound so obvious as to be not worth stating , but I'll say it just the same.

why not just disconnect the fans?

cost = $0

Reply to
enhema

Thanks for stating the obvious. I would like the fans working properly without replacing the entire climate control system and without disabling them completely.

Reply to
Albert Bester