Rear seats and other questions on 9-3 Convertible (year 98-03)

Hi All,

Had a few questions regarding the 9-3 Convertible (year 98-03) that I've been unable to find the answers for in the group. I'd be grateful if anyone could help:

  1. Do the the rear seats fold down at all to increase luggage space?
  2. Is the rear windscreen glass or plastic?
  3. Were any of the 98-03 year models factory fitted with parking sensors?
  4. Do all of the 98-03 models have the kind of flexible boot that increases available space when the hood is up?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vic

Reply to
cbmvic20

The seat does fold down but there is only a small square hole between the front and rear. You could put ski's or something through and close the trunk.

Glass

Don't know. Never seen any but never looked for them either.

Yes, but the increase isn't much.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Many thanks for the reply Steve, much appreciated, I've got my eye on one particular 9-3 convertible (not seen yet) and the salesman mentioned the rear window is plastic, is it likely that the original glass windscreen has been replaced for some reason or other?

Kind regards,

Vic

Reply to
cbmvic20

I would be very, very surprised. I've never heard of a plastic replacement window for a Saab 'vert. I'd wager my money on the salesman not having a clue.

Reply to
still me

Many thanks for the reply, I agree entirely! The salesman did insist he was looking at the car as I was on the phone but I've not seen one without a glass screen either so I reckon he's mistaken.

Kind Regards,

Vic

Reply to
cbmvic20