REAR WIPER

Hi, My 9000CS '92 did not have a factory installed rear wiper. A friend of mine gave me a set of wiper switch and wiper motor from a CSE he was parting out. I replaced a switch and connected motor to a connector in a rear door and it doesn't work. I checked a switch and it is OK. Using a voltmeter I checked a connector in a rear door and nothing happens when I turn rear wiper switch ON/OFF. Is there anything else missing between the switch and a motor? Any ideas? Thanx for any help!

Don

Reply to
Don

"Don" skrev i en meddelelse news:cm3kmg$cs8$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

I'd guess that the switch would be located in the back door itself.

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

The rear wiper switch is on the same stalk swich that does the front wipers. It has a rear wash-wipe too. The normal rear wipe is intermittent so I expect that there's a relay somewhere in the circuit.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

That was my thought too. I assume it would have to be located under the dash since there is no room for it in the engine bay. Should there be any information about the location of this relay in owner's manual? Could anybody having wiring diagrams, please, check it out? Many thanx,

Don

Uzytkownik "Pooh Bear" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Reply to
Don

According to the Saab Electronic parts catalogue - the relay for the rear wiper ( 85 53 463 ) is in position 16 in the relay / fuse assembly in the dash ( 92 model data ).

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear