Rear wiper arm '95 900S

Without any evident cause, my rear windshield wiper arm stopped working and the arm just sort of flops around. I thought that jiggling it by hand might reengage it, but it had no effect. Does anyone know if there's a simple fix (e.g., a shear-pin or breakaway mechanism in the shaft), or must I replace the whole unit? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Reply to
Mike Yankee

There's a nut under the cover (can be hard to pry up -- use a tool) that holds the arm to the shaft. Just reposition the arm and tighten the nut and it'll be as good as new.

Reply to
Doug Schwarz