Rebuilding C900T Clutch Slave?

I have a rebuild kit for my wife's 85 900 T. I have the slave that came out and it comes apart quite easily (this was the reason for replacing clutch in the first place). I also have a used (and presumably working) unit.

I see how to rebuild the failed unit as it is apart already. However, I would like to rebuild the used unit instead, but I do not see how to get it apart unless I just force it apart.

Is this what I should do? I cannot find clutch slave rebuilding instructions anywhere, in my Bently manual or online at any of the standard places.

Thanks for any help,

Charles

Reply to
Charles

What's there to disassemble? The piston just comes out of the cylinder - that's it.

Reply to
Grunff

in article snipped-for-privacy@wispertel.com, Charles at snipped-for-privacy@interpex.com wrote on 02/01/2006 18:10:

Here Charles ... There's a really good walkthrough here:

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Did you look here?

MH

...now that *is* a good walk-through!

Reply to
Pidgeonpost

If the person who wrote that up wants to create a proper web page for it I'd want to add the link to the tech library page of my site. Forum postings are not quite as 'static'.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

in article dpcli1$7jp$ snipped-for-privacy@yoda.apana.org.au, Craig's Saab C900 Site at snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au wrote on 03/01/2006 01:55:

The author is called Matthew and he's a fairly amenable fellow. I'm sure he wouldn't mind you lifting the pictures to host ... Send him a PM on the forum. Oh, his webpage, packed with yet more useful stuff, is here:

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

Hullo all,

Found this news thread from Craig who posted it up on 900Aero.

Glad you found the writeup useful, and thank you for the kind words! This is the first time I have seen my stuff referred to outside of the two forums I frequent.

The clutch thread was originally posted on SaabCentral, here:

I seem to have time for just one forum, so SaabCentral's where I devote my efforts. I'm proud and humbled to moderate the C900 Workshop :o) I first post any articles on SaabCentral and then re-jig them for my website when I get the time.

Feel free to link to the hexfiles.com page and I'll add a link to your site from mine. Please don't lift the pictures or text though...

There are some other articles there, written by others and myself. Sort of a collection of the most useful stuff that's been posted on SaabCentral.

Reply to
trionic

Thanks Paul. Matthew has been in touch with me already and we've chatted about our respective site materials.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

in article dpo78p$kd$ snipped-for-privacy@yoda.apana.org.au, Craig's Saab C900 Site at snipped-for-privacy@lios.apana.org.au wrote on 07/01/2006 11:04:

I saw :)

Matthew is hosting the article on his homepage at:

Reply to
Paul Halliday