Removal of trim badges

What is the best way to take the SE badges off the front wing of my

9-3? It looks like they stick on as I cannot feel any bolts on the inside, but I'm sure that there is a better way than just prising them off.

Thanks in advance. Tim

Reply to
Tim

Use a piece of thin nylon fishing wire, pull it through under the badge, it will cut the adhesive backing without damaging anything.

----- MH

Reply to
MH

After that part is done, you can use an adhesive remover (like 3M or "Goo Gone" available here in USA) to loosen things up. You can rub w/ soft cloth [for a long time] to remove the sticker part still stuck to car -- or I found that using the edge of very thin (but hard) plastic (e.g. the kind used in toy packaging) to get under the sticker part worked quite well too.

I recently removed the "SAAB 900SE" from the back of my car to replace with new ones. Looks like a new car now. :)

Hans

Reply to
Hans Lellelid

I use dentil floss.

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for the information, I'll give it a go.

Reply to
Tim