Remove 99 clutch slave cylinder?

Hi! I have a leak in my clutch slave cylinder on a 1977 99... I need to get this car on the road temporarily and quickly, so I'm not interested in doing a complete clutch job if I don't have to. Can I get this in and out without removing the radiator, etc? The book I have isn't really clear on the procedure and it's too late to call my local shops; was hoping to do it this weekend...

Thanks, everyone!

Elijah

Reply to
elijahs

No, the radiator will need to come out so you have enough room to remove the clutch splined shaft. In addition, you'll need to compress the diaphragm spring and retain it in that postition with a spacer in order to remove the slave.

It's still a pretty easy job as clutches go.

Reply to
Grunff

Further to that...

I have a vague memory that early 99s used a standard (rather than annular) clutch slave. I don't know when this changed - I know my 1978

99 had an annular one. If yours has an early type slave, then it should be possible to remove it without removing any other clutch components.
Reply to
Grunff

Also, perhaps these links will help - un-annotated, but photos of a similar project. Should let you know what you're getting into. It's not a bad process, really.

Hope this helps and questions are of course welcome, Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz