replacement heater control valve (c900)

I'm having a slight problem with my heater control valve: the bottom of the two plastic nipples that extend through the firewall (and into the engine compartment) has broken in half, leaving very little for the lower coolant hose to clamp onto. I think it's ok for the moment, but I'm afraid that someday when the system is under pressure the hose will pop off (since the retaining lip on the nipple no longer exists, being part of the section which broke off).

So I'm assuming I have to replace the whole heater control valve to fix this.

On Eeuroparts.com, they have two options: $109.90 for the original Saab replacement, or $28.90 for an after-market solution. What do we (collectively) think about the choice? It's kind of a huge price difference.

Thanks, John

Reply to
John B

Yup.

I don't know if the after-market ones you get over there are the same as the after-market ones we get over here (UK), but the ones we have are fine.

Reply to
Grunff

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a try.

John

Reply to
John B

I did the replacement today. Not an especially difficult job, but rather tedious. I got a bonus out of the deal though-- I believe I fixed my long-standing cruise control problem while I was in there (adjusted the brake switch, and tightened the actuator chain a bit for good measure).

The part's quality seemed equal to the original Saab part.

John

Reply to
John B